1. Location: Neelum Valley is situated along the Neelum River in the Himalayan and Karakoram Mountain ranges. It shares a border with the Indian-administered region of Jammu and Kashmir.
2. Scenic Beauty: The valley is renowned for its breathtaking landscapes, including lush green valleys, dense forests, and snow-capped peaks. The Neelum River flows through the valley, adding to its natural beauty.
3. Keran: Keran is one of the picturesque towns in Neelum Valley, offering stunning views of the river and surrounding mountains. It is a popular destination for nature lovers and those seeking tranquility.
4. Sharda: Sharda is known for its historical and cultural significance. It is home to the ruins of an ancient Hindu temple and a historic university. The town is surrounded by lush greenery and provides a serene environment.
5. Kel: Kel is a charming village in Neelum Valley, located at a higher altitude. It serves as a base for treks to the Shounter Lake and other scenic spots.
6. Arang Kel: Arang Kel is a picturesque meadow accessible by a trek from Kel. It offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, making it a favorite among trekkers and nature enthusiasts.
7. Shounter Lake: Shounter Lake is a stunning high-altitude lake surrounded by snow-capped peaks. The lake is accessible through a trek and offers a tranquil setting.
8. Athmuqam: Athmuqam is the district headquarters of Neelum District. It is a gateway to various attractions in the valley and provides a blend of natural beauty and local culture.
9. Jagran Valley: Jagran Valley is known for its lush green landscapes and is a popular spot for camping and picnics. The valley is surrounded by dense forests and offers a refreshing escape.
10. Adventure Tourism: Neelum Valley is a haven for adventure enthusiasts. Activities such as trekking, camping, and fishing are popular among tourists exploring the valley.
11. Border Areas: The Line of Control (LoC) between Pakistan and India runs through parts of Neelum Valley. However, certain areas remain accessible to tourists, providing them with an opportunity to witness the natural beauty of the region.
Neelum Valley is not only a visual delight but also a destination that offers a cultural and historical experience. The combination of stunning landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and warm hospitality make it a sought-after destination for travelers.